Official translations

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 31 May '14

I just started a translation project at transifex, so everyone interested in translating Spirit to their native language can join it

• 31 May '14

This topic has been moved.

• 21 Apr '15

good

This comment was deleted.
  • 13 Jul '15

Hi! Could you accept requested polish translations on Transifex? I'd be more than happy to help! :) Cheers!

• 13 Jul '15

@sittingbrain said:
Hi! Could you accept requested polish translations on Transifex? I'd be more than happy to help! :) Cheers!

Yep, done

• 15 Nov '15

Hi, Esteban! Suppose, I chipped in with translation. How soon the new part shall be available in the github repo?

• 15 Nov '15

Hi!

I usually pull the translations updates before every release, so that should be in next couple of days. There is a new release every two weeks or so.

• 28 Mar '16

@antario hey, I just saw and accepted your request to join the Hungarian team.

btw, there is no Hungarian-Hungary translation for Django that's why I didn't accepted that lang request.

• 4 Apr '16

Please accept my requests for Esperanto and Persian.

• 4 Apr '16

There is no Persian-Iran for Django, just Persian. The thing is, if I accept a language not included in Django, a lot of the text will be in english, I'm not sure if Persian-Iran does fallbacks to Persian, I'll check it later.

I accepted your request to join the Esperanto team.

Edit: Oh, I think it's possible to setup fallbacks for gettext (I believe I did it for a desktop app a few years ago). Not sure if Django does it (it should), I'll look into it. But still, some of the text (Django translations) would be in Persian (not Persian-Iran)

Also, if there is a Persian translation more people will benefit from it not only Persian-Iran speakers, that is likely the reason there are not many language variants in Django.

• 4 Apr '16

I requested for Persian(fa).

• 4 Apr '16

Great! I just accepted the request and added you as a translator

• 14 Nov '16

Hi, seems some strings are not translated into german? If needed i would be glad to help out. Sent you a join-request on transifex. :)

• 14 Nov '16

@s3h10r It would be great! I just accepted the request

• 14 Nov '16

@nitely Cool! :) I am able & willing to spend some time on it during (or at the end) of the week. btw. Thx for your nice django-project!

• 28 Jan

Hi @nitely, what tool do you use for text string extraction, gettext or pybabel? If it's pybabel then what's the babel.cfg looks like? e.g.

[python: **.py]
[jinja2: **.html]
encoding = utf-8
ignore_tags = script,style
include_attrs = alt title summary
[javascript: **.js]

And, help_text in user/password-change/ is escaped. Displaying:

<ul><li>Your password can't be too similar to your other personal information.</li> ...
I notice that help text is hidden in your form. What's the modification?
Now I add a filter |safe to this line <p class="help">{{ field.help_text|safe }}</p> in spirit/core/templates/spirit/_form.html, hope that won't cause some security problem. And that line is in DJ Docs example.
Thank you.

• 28 Jan

HTML tags should not be included in locale messages/text. I added a custom form, that's why that text does not exists. I did not modified/extend the built-in form coz there were too many modifications to make. I added some use-cases Django does not support, like case-insensitive emails, duplicated email and verified users[0].

Adding safe filter to locale strings should be fine as long as you trust the translators or review the translations.

I use what Django provides[1]: gettext and custom commands[2].

[0] https://github.com/nitely/Spirit/blob/master/spirit/user/auth/forms.py#L123
[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/topics/i18n/translation/
[2] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/topics/i18n/translation/#localization-how-to-create-language-files