Installation Guide

• 13 Sep '15

So, I really like what I've seen of Spirit. But, the lack of documentation is really terrible at this point.

I'm a senior engineer at a very large technology company, and well-versed in Python and Django, yet I can't make heads or tails of the instructions on how I'm supposed to actually get a Spirit forum up and running.

Is there a reason no one has written a "How to get a single instance running" article yet? Of course I could probably read the source and figure it out.

-Alex

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 13 Sep '15

So, I really like what I've seen of Spirit. But, the lack of documentation is really terrible at this point.

I agree. But I had neither the time nor the will to write any.

I can't make heads or tails of the instructions on how I'm supposed to actually get a Spirit forum up and running.

It's like any other Django app, you add some settings (INSTALLED_APPS, MIDDLEWARES, etc), urls and you are done.

Is there a reason no one has written a "How to get a single instance running" article yet?

Probably coz there is a simple guide already. The only people I have seen having a difficult time with the installation are not developers and there is no one-click installation for them yet.

It seems someone has actually written a guide here