Spirit is very cool, thank you :)
Now, I am choosing between it and machina, or pybbm.
Do you have comments on how to choose?
I am seeking:
1) mobile friendly (all are good here)
2) long term lifespan, community support (hard to say)
4) advanced features are optional
5) ability to integrate with django-cms project
Any comments would be very help, thank you :D
This topic has been moved.
It seems you have made up your mind about 1 and 2.
3) Who knows? I haven't try the others. I can only speak of Spirit, it has been stable (mostly) and there has always been a migration path for upgrading.
4) About features, Spirit is very odd. It lacks some basic features like avatar uploading, file uploading, groups and groups permissions. However it has features most forum don't (mentions, notifications, bookmarks, per comment polls, comment history, private conversations, etc).
5) No idea. You can integrate Spirit to pretty much anything. But there are some parts that are hard to integrate like notifications and comments (ie: adding comments to blog entries). And some that require additional work like the dashboard (i.e: adding links to django-cms's dashboard that redirect to Spirit's dashboard sections, styling, dunno what else). It depends how much integration you need.
It's hard to say what your need are, i.e: if you need a comment system ala disqus, maybe you should use disqus or roll your own implementation.