Official translations

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 31 May '14

I just started a translation project at transifex, so everyone interested in translating Spirit to their native language can join it

• 31 May '14

This topic has been moved.

• 21 Apr '15

good

• 13 Jul '15

Hi! Could you accept requested polish translations on Transifex? I'd be more than happy to help! :) Cheers!

• 13 Jul '15

@sittingbrain said:
Hi! Could you accept requested polish translations on Transifex? I'd be more than happy to help! :) Cheers!

Yep, done

• 15 Nov '15

Hi, Esteban! Suppose, I chipped in with translation. How soon the new part shall be available in the github repo?

• 15 Nov '15

Hi!

I usually pull the translations updates before every release, so that should be in next couple of days. There is a new release every two weeks or so.

This comment was deleted.
  • 23 Oct '18

Hi @nitely, I'd like to translate spirit to Czech - I requested to join the Transifex project few weeks ago. Could you please approve the request so that I can start translating? TIA!

• 23 Oct '18

@Fanarim ok, I'll approve the request.

• 9 Jun

Hey, @nitely, I requested a new language (Kyrgyz) in the transifex interface. Or should I send you a PR instead?

• 10 Jun

@jumasheff I just accepted the request. Will you do the translation? I just sent you an invitation to become a translator. Let me know if you need help with something, I can do a review later (I don't speak the language, but I can check the placeholder are correct and such).

Let me know here when you are done. Thanks.

• 10 Jun

@nitely Awesome! Started translating I'll let you know when things are ready

• 10 Jun

Great, you let me know!

• 16 Jun

Hey, @nitely! I have translated all the strings :) What are the next steps?

I've just pulled the translation to the Spirit repository. You can pip install from git or wait for me to release a new version. I'd appreciate if you can pip install it now and check it works as expected. Beware, Django added ky translation in one of the most recent versions (I think).

pip install git+https://github.com/nitely/Spirit.git

^ the pip install command, it needs git to be installed.

• 17 Jun

Oh, Kyrgyz was added in Django 3.1, so you may need to install that version to get Spirit fully translated. Beware, it's a beta version, and may or may not work with Spirit.

You will also need to add ky to your project settings (example).

• 22 Jun

Thank you!

I'll try things and let you know about the outcomes!