Badges and awards for users?

MysteryGeniusTan Jian Zhen

Have been enjoying spirit for a week now, love the project!

I was wondering wouldn't be cool if there were badges that awards members? Was looking around for django apps that do that but couldn't find anything useful. Any plans to implement that, or any resources that you could recommend

quickquestion: you mentioned in your roadmap that there might be a followers/following, just wondering if you are still gonna work on it or you have found a better solution? And oh yeah any plans for having a peer to peer direct message function or that is resolved with private forum?
last one: are you gonna make it easier to change the templates and styles from the default?

Thanks for the amazing project nonetheless

• JayZ
nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 7 Sep

Hey, I'm glad you've found Spirit useful!

I was wondering wouldn't be cool if there were badges that awards members? Was looking around for django apps that do that but couldn't find anything useful. Any plans to implement that, or any resources that you could recommend

Gamification ala StackOverFlow would be really cool indeed

quickquestion: you mentioned in your roadmap that there might be a followers/following, just wondering if you are still gonna work on it or you have found a better solution?

I've said that year ago. So, I'm done making empty promises. There is no road map. The road map is a lie.

Followers/following would be a nice feature. I may or may not work on it soon, at some point, or never.

And oh yeah any plans for having a peer to peer direct message function or that is resolved with private forum?

There's private conversation (private forum is a feature that makes the whole thing private). I could build a P2P private conversation. I guess it would be just a regular private conversation with just one more constraint.

last one: are you gonna make it easier to change the templates and styles from the default?

The templating system is not mature. There is actually no template system other than the one Django provides.

The next feature I would like to implement would be asynchronous tasks (sending notification emails, registration emails, etc). After that I would like to redesign the template and making it easier to change and override would be high priority. I think I would do a good job after all the feedback I've received about it.

I don't mean to sound discouraging, I just hope to somehow regain my desire of moving the project forward, but I can't promise anything.

MysteryGeniusTan Jian Zhen
  • 8 Sep

Thanks for the response! all the best for the project, love from far away singapore!

Tao
  • 18 Sep

Good evening guys.

What do you mean about the fact that "there is actually no template system other than the one Django provides." ? There is no way to change the appearance of the forum? Adding background images, using CSS and other stuffs ?

Great work in any case, forge on!

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 18 Sep

There is no way to change the appearance of the forum? Adding background images, using CSS and other stuffs ?

Yes, you can do all that. Just take a look at https://mordhau.com/forum/ for proof.

What I meant is the only way to change something is to override it, that's the Django way. The only sane way to change the CSS is to change the Sass source and compile it into CSS

A proper template system would allow to extend it at certain places and to change basic CSS stuff, like colors, fonts, etc. It would support a couple of template alternatives that an admin could chose from. I dunno maybe I'm talking nonsense.

Tao
  • 19 Sep

Many thanks for the feedback, I will start today to study this amazing project.

Forge on!