@mentions are casesensitive?

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 21 Nov '18

Just noticed that @mentions doesn't work if they are not exactly right!?!

Or is it our setup that doesn't work properly? If this isn't a bug then it's not really nice feature...

@Nitely
@nitely
@NITELY

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 21 Nov '18

usernames are not case insensitive, so mentions can not be case insensitive either. There's a feature request[0] asking for case-insensitive usernames, though

[0] https://github.com/nitely/Spirit/issues/178

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 21 Nov '18

Well, like you can see from my earlier post.. only correct one is link.. So I would say, it's case sensitive wouldn't you say?

EDIT: Or did I not understand your post correctly... you said they are not, but they are...

• 22 Nov '18

haha, sorry, I messed up my reply. I meant usernames are case sensitive and so are mentions. @nitely, @Nitely and @NiTeLy are 3 distinct users, but only one is registered right now, though.

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 22 Nov '18

Yes. Any plans to make it happen?

Would be a good idea imo.

• 22 Nov '18

Yes, I think so too and I know how to do it now. I'll get to it soon I hope

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 22 Nov '18

That's enough for now :-D we all have places to do and things to go!

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 12 Dec '18

@nitely I noticed that "reply" on comment doesn't work on our forum. I haven't tried that before, for somereason, but today I did and it didn't work.

Nothing happens. What might be problem? Asking before trying to figure out without any idea :)

Thanks!

p.s. how is this thing going? Any news about the case insensitivity?

• 13 Dec '18

Nothing happens. What might be problem? Asking before trying to figure out without any idea :)

I just tried it locally, it's a regression. This forum is on an older version of Spirit, that's why it works here. I'll fix it later this week, thanks for reporting it

p.s. how is this thing going? Any news about the case insensitivity?

I'm almost done, I just have to add a few test cases. I'll likely release a new version this weekend with that feature.

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 13 Dec '18

No problem!

Reporting stuff is always one step forward and two backwards or how it was??

:D

Good to hear that sensitive things are soon past. I'll inform my serverguy to upgrade when things are done!

Thanks!

• 18 Dec '18

I just released a new version with the case-insensitive usernames feature. You can try @mentions after the upgrade to check it works. Be aware you'll receive an error if there are clashing usernames while upgrading. You'll either have to remove users with clashing usernames or disable the feature.

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 19 Dec '18

Thanks for the notice!

At the moment I know there aren't any clashing user names. So that's ok.

But I noticed that search doesn't work... don't know have our server guy done something about it, but I didn't try search before I started to get error notices.

But it was something about "st_search" wasn't writeable by user/group, so I think that's just matter of server privileges and such.

Let's see if that is fixed easily. I still don't have access these things and others have so called "life" .. go figure :D

• 19 Dec '18

Yeah, Spirit has to write the search index in a folder called "st_search" next to the "static" and "media" folders.

Also, it requires calling python manage.py rebuild_index just once to index everything. Then, it requires to create a cron-job to run the update_index command, if you want to run the cron every hour (--age=1 hour), the command would be python manage.py update_index --age=1 --remove --settings=project.project.settings.prod that should update the search index for new topics/comments.

others have so called "life" .. go figure

hahaha. Why don't you have access to the server?

pdp7Losing Braincells
  • 21 Dec '18

Yeah.
I'm not responsible about the box. My friend is and he does everything serverthingies. I just fool around and brake things :D
Of course I have access there but I'm mere luser.. I can't do anything.. And it's rather nice. I don't have to worry about anything... I'll just point broken things until they are fixed :D More time for productive things you know...

I'll relay those infos to him so he can fix it if he hasn't already. But this time of the year might be blocking for some server bashing.

Thanks again and have a good what ever you celebrate!

• 22 Dec '18

I can't do anything.. And it's rather nice. I don't have to worry about anything... I'll just point broken things until they are fixed :D More time for productive things you know...

ahaha yeah, I'm the same (at work XD)

Thanks again and have a good what ever you celebrate!

Thank you, happy holidays to you too!

@pdp7
@pdp7
@pdp7

Code block:

@pdp7
@PdP7
@pDp7

works now