Let's change the word

Campeon,

I'll tell the story of why I'm here, reading around and writing this.
My best friend died about a week ago and I decided to refactor a blogging idea I had to make a blog for his memories for his daughter. But I found Spirit to be exactly what I needed.
I have 2 sets of requirements then, to summarise:

• My futuristic utopian conversation framework.
  • The need of having a site up and running that helps a mourning family.
    For this purpose I found Spirit to be very elegant and best option out there.
    What I will be trying to work on:
  • Fixing jpg uploaded rotated issue.
  • Separate (public / only for logged people) topics
  • Have private categories.
  • Groups permissions.
    I've read few hours of github history today. I'll probably create an issue for one of the "issues" here, and start working on it in the next two weeks, but happy to know if anyone is interested in them, and why not writting it down in the Spirit blog for the Spirit project.
    Thank you all for being there.
nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani

Hey Uriel,

It's great to have you here (Uriel and I have been chatting recently). I forget to mention there is a private forum setting you may find useful. There are also private conversations (basically private topics), where you can invite other users to join in without any kind of moderation.

I know there is some interest in more private settings and user permissions [0][1]

Fixing jpg uploaded rotated issue.

I'm very very interested in this. Someone told me recently they were having this issue, but I'm not able to reproduce it

[0] https://github.com/nitely/Spirit/issues/67
[1] https://github.com/nitely/Spirit/issues/88

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 4 May

Fixing jpg uploaded rotated issue.

I suspect this has to do with pictures taken with a phone and Exif image data. Spirit does not do any processing on the image, so I don't think this is a problem in Spirit itself. It may be even related to the OS and/or browser and/or the source of the photo.

You are right, seems to be that. I created an issue. Might as well try autorotate the image with PIL according to EFIX metadata. I will give a try at some point this week.
Thanks for the links, I added a minimum more to permissions, this is what I did:

What I wanted: A way to have "visible only for logged in (authenticated)" feature.
Why?: My blog has a topic, people will be respectful with one another but they might not feel safe showing their posts to everyone.
What I did: add a new property to topic: "for_logged" (or similar), it gets filtered in the view. I added it as another option to update a topic, maybe still need to add during creation. I'll push it to a fork just in case anyone interested.
Once I have all these running I'll get into groups permissions.