Elastic search implementation

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 20 Sep '20

Sorry I encountered this problem while trying to upgrade in a local env. Nodenotfounderror....... django.db.migrations.exception.Nodenotfounderror: migration spirit_category.0008_auto_20200912 dependencies reference nonexistence parent node ('spirit_category', '0007_auto_20190304_2115).
Pls, what can I do?

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 20 Sep '20

When I checked the migration folder, 0007 migration not present but was referenced in 0008 migration.py, this happens both in spirit version 0.9.0 and 0.10.0

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 20 Sep '20

I solved the problem by simply make 0008 to inherit from 0006. Can you find solution as that may not be possible in production(I don't know sha)?

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 20 Sep '20

There is no migration 0008, see spirit/category/migrations.

Can you copy/paste the content of migration 0008 here?

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 20 Sep '20

from django.db import migrations
Class Migration(migrations.Migration):
dependencies = [
('spirit_category', '0007_auto_20190304_2115)
]
operations = [
migrations.AlterModelOptions (
name='category',
options= {'ordering': ['title', 'pk'],
'verbose_name': 'category',
'verbose_name_plural': 'categories'

}
),
]

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 20 Sep '20

Number of 0008 is 0008_auto_20200912_1033.py

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 20 Sep '20

My guess is this is because ST_ORDERED_CATEGORIES was changed to True or False. That generates some migration. You could just skip that migration as it does not change the data base table. Anyway, if that's the issue I just fixed it and it'll be available in the next release.

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 20 Sep '20

@nitely, alright, thanks

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 22 Sep '20

Hi, I'm implementing version 0.10.0 currently, but an issued occurred in trying to override comment/render_list.HTML. The humanized tag threw an error, I had to remove it. Can u pls, tell me its function and what can be done?

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 22 Sep '20

v0.9.0 changelog says this: Added django.contrib.humanize to INSTALLED_APPS settings. Don't just upgrade without reviewing the changelogs, please. Moreover, read the docs, I know they are not the best, but at least they have basic information like this.

[...] an issued occurred in trying to override comment/render_list.HTML.

I don't know why you are overriding that template, but you may not need to; see the templates customization docs

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 22 Sep '20

Alright thanks

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 28 Sep '20

Hi, while going through the documentation, I saw this: The settings/prod.py and settings/dev.py files include sample configuration for Huey. But didn't see any sample in prod.py, so I went through Huey docs and I saw there that if setting is not specified, the default would be redis. Could this be the reason why there isn't any setting for Huey in prod.py. I just wanted to clarify that. Thanks for the new features added, they are really great

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 28 Sep '20

@ojophilip, if you install the Spirit version that added Huey or a more recent one, and start a new project, then the prod and dev files should contain the Huey config. However, you can read the Huey docs and add them. I don't think I changed the default settings too much.

Thanks for the new features added, they are really great

You are welcome

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 29 Sep '20

I will try that, thanks.
I feel like I'm asking too much questions, I'm sorry about that. I just need to get things right b4 I deploy my project!

I had another issue with pic when I uploaded one, the pic_small wasn't generated, thus no profile pic is being displayed where avatar.HTML is rendered. That of the profile works perfectly.

Also, I found out that it was somehow difficult to add personalized footer, and that's because of the height indicated in layout(css), I solved this by overriding the height in base.HTML using height: auto. I will request that the height in layout be changed to auto(sorry if I'm asking too much).

Thanks once more, this app is really great.

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 29 Sep '20

Let me add by saying I've gone through the documentation to see if I'm missing something in settings but couldn't see anything like that

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 29 Sep '20

@ojophilip said:
I will try that, thanks.
I feel like I'm asking too much questions, I'm sorry about that. I just need to get things right b4 I deploy my project!

Not at all, ask away.

I had another issue with pic when I uploaded one, the pic_small wasn't generated, thus no profile pic is being displayed where avatar.HTML is rendered. That of the profile works perfectly.

The small avatar is generated by a task, so if you've set Huey as the task manager, and Huey is not running, then the small avatar won't be generated. If the task manager is not set (set to None), or the task manager is running, it should be generated, unless there is an error.

I'd like to say "check the logs file", but apparently the logs file is not set by default, so you need to add the file handler to the loggers (ex: replace ['console', 'mail_admins'] by ['console', 'mail_admins', 'file']); I need to add that to the default settings.

Also, I found out that it was somehow difficult to add personalized footer, and that's because of the height indicated in layout(css), I solved this by overriding the height in base.HTML using height: auto. I will request that the height in layout be changed to auto(sorry if I'm asking too much).

The problem with setting height: auto is the footer won't be at the bottom if the rest of the content is too narrow. For example, see some URL that returns 404, like: https://community.spirit-proj… in this case the "Spirit" text is at the bottom, that won't be the case with height: auto, check it in your own forum.

I don't see what the issue is with height: 100%, maybe you can show me somehow. A screenshot or link would work, I guess. nvm, I know what the issue is... the extra footer overflows the viewport height. Let me see how to fix that.

No problem. I'm glad you like it.

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 29 Sep '20

@nitely said:

@ojophilip said:
I will try that, thanks.

Not at all, ask away.

Alright thanks

The small avatar is generated by a task, so if you've set Huey as the task manager, and Huey is not running, then the small avatar won't be generated. If the task manager is not set (set to None), or the task manager is running, it should be generated, unless there is an error.

Ok

I'd like to say "check the logs file", but apparently the logs file is not set by default, so you need to add the file handler to the loggers (ex: replace ['console', 'mail_admins'] by ['console', 'mail_admins', 'file']); I need to add that to the default settings.

I will do this

The problem with setting height: auto is the footer won't be at the bottom if the rest of the content is too narrow. For example, see some URL that returns 404, like: https://community.spirit-proj… in this case the "Spirit" text is at the bottom, that won't be the case with height: auto, check it in your own forum.

I don't see what the issue is with height: 100%, maybe you can show me somehow. A screenshot or link would work, I guess. nvm, I know what the issue is... the extra footer overflows the viewport height. Let me see how to fix that.
Alright

No problem. I'm glad you like it.

I really do appreciate your reply, I should deploy the project early next month. Thanks a bunch

O
ojophilip
Ojo Philip Odeniyi
  • 2 Oct '20

Hi! I want to appreciate your effort and the fact that your responses are prompt enough. I finally deployed my app today.
Kindly visit medsjoin.com/forum to see it.

I'm not ashamed to be associated with the forum. Thanks, continue your good work☺☺

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 2 Oct '20

Awesome! Glad to have been of help.

cb360's comment was removed 6 months, 1 week ago