Spirit Goals

4na4silvestris
  • 11 Aug '14

How would you like Spirit to look in 2015, 2016 and beyond? It should be a leader in which category? Speed, security? Dedicated for how large communities?

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 11 Aug '14

I'd like it to be feature-complete, meaning... people should be able to migrate their vB, IPB, XF, etc forums to Spirit. That said, I hope it will become a discussion platform and not just another forum system, kinda like discourse, but taking its own way... having its own unique features that no other forum platform has or at least do it better.

It should be a leader in which category? Speed, security?

Scalability, speed, security, easy of use, user friendliness... I don't know, it's hard to say right now. Those are the ones I've always in mind.

Dedicated for how large communities?

Scalability is one of my main concerns, the software should be able to manage extremely large communities.
Right now it lacks some of the tools to manage large communities, like a mod cp for example.

Thanks for all your feedback so far, btw

4na4silvestris
  • 12 Aug '14

@nitely

I'd like it to be feature-complete, meaning... people should be able to migrate their vB, IPB, XF, etc forums to Spirit.

As fas as I know users only want to have their legacy "registration date" & "posts/topics". Extra data like "private messages" are much less important.

For example esoTalk would be much more popular with an official & supported migration tool.

• 4 Dec

@4na4 lorem ipsum dolor

nitelyEsteban Castro Borsani
  • 4 Dec

@epicbold there is a test category for that.