Features

F
  • 10 May '14

1 Support for a NoSQL DB like Redis. Will make it easy to migrate from other forums that use a NoSQL DB

2 Theming guide

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 10 May '14

I thought NodeBB is the only one that uses NoSQL.
I don't think I will add support for it though. What I can do is a migration tool for it.

For theming, you would have to edit the default theme by hand . I will focus on making it simple in the next release.

F
  • 11 May '14

A migration tool for a NoSQL-based forum would be cool. Maybe when the time comes, you can use mine as a test case.

When I have some free time, I'll take a look at the default theme to see how easy/hard it will be to mess with it.

F
  • 11 May '14

Btw, what's the roadmap for this project, and what features do you have mind to implement before deeming it ready for production use?

nitely
Esteban C Borsani
  • 11 May '14

It's hard to say. I guess a theming system, a plugin system (I mean hooks to inject code), custom user groups and permissions, image attachments, polls, email notifications, lots of customization settings, easy installation (docker!)... from the top of my head.
But if Spirit suit your needs, then you can use it in production, it is not a beta software. Although, there will be major changes in every release.

I've to make a new development roadmap, I'll post it later next week.

@finid

A migration tool for a NoSQL-based forum would be cool. Maybe when the time comes, you can use mine as a test case.

Definitely